What happens to animals in the animal agriculture industry?
- Dairy cows are required to have one calf annually
- Dairy cows produce very high milk yields and after they can no longer produce milk, they go to the slaughterhouse and the meat is used for beef
- Over 270 million cows produce milk across the world
- Now, cows are forced to produce around 30 liters of milk per day (30,000mL which is around 42 venti starbucks cups)
- Diary cows are kept indoors for most of their lives and conditions may be dirty
How can a vegan diet impact animals?
By giving up animal meat and by-products, you can let them live healthy and cage-free lives